Since we’ve moved to a virtual convention for 2020, we’ve decided to hold an auction online as well. Bring out those games you’ve been wanting to recycle, and the costumes you don’t wear anymore. Crafts, pictures . . . anything game or hobby related is welcome.
You can see the full rules below, but here are the highlights:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements or ask questions.
- Sellers need to photo and describe their lots, set their prices, and then deliver the merchandise to Nuke-Con by Saturday, September 30.
- We’ll post the photos in our Discord server, which is where buyers will post their bids.
- Bidding opens at 4 pm on Friday October 2 and ends at 12 noon on Sunday October 4. All bidding will be via the virtual convention Discord channel.
- Winning bid gets the merch!
- Payment must be made via PayPal by the end of the convention.
- Nuke-Con will host a pick-up party on Monday, October 5 from 3 pm to 7 pm in the Crossroads Mall parking lot. Look for the Nuke-Con banner.
Online Auction Rules:
- All items submitted for auction will be assessed a fee of $1 per lot. Lots that sell will be assessed a 10% charge.
- Sellers who choose to offer items for the benefit of Extra Life Omaha Guild will not be assessed either fee.
- Each lot will be listed in its own Discord channel with photos, description, and the name of the seller. Interested bidders will be able to chat with buyers via Discord to ask questions about the items.
- Anyone admitted to the convention will be able to bid.
- Bidders will enter their bids in the chat for that lot’s room. Be careful; once a bid is entered, it can’t be withdrawn. Bids must increase by full-dollar amounts.
- Sellers are welcome to make announcements in the #general channel on Discord, but please be respectful of other players. No spamming!
- Sellers have the option to set a buy-out price and if a bidder meets that price the lot is sold and the bidding closes immediately.
- For all other lots, the high bid when the auction closes at 12 noon on Sunday, October 4 is the winner.
- Buyers who can’t make the pick-up party will need to contact email@example.com to make other arrangements. We will mail packages at the buyer’s expense.