[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Castles & Crusades in Hârn -

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:38 pm 

Greetings!

I intend to run 1-2 Castles & Crusades (C&C, produced by Troll Lord Games) sessions at Nuke Con 2018. The adventure will be based in Hârn, a wonderful setting produced by Columbia Games. I'll post more info here once I determine the date and times for the sessions.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:35 pm 

I submitted my event for consideration. The days and times requested for the sessions to commence are Friday @ 2 PM and Saturday @ 10:30 AM. I'll post more info here after approval is granted.

Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:57 pm 

Both sessions were approved for the requested times. I'm running this for mature participants of all experience levels. C&C is easy to learn and fun to play and GM. The pregens will be of 4th to 5th level of experience. Players should, at a minimum, bring a pencil, standard rpg dice, and an active imagination.

The publicity blurb is as follows: Winter grips Orbaal, a kingdom in Hârn's wild north. Harvest was poor, game and fish are scarce, and people in your village go hungry. Your party hunted over a fortnight and returned with meat to hold starvation at bay for a time. But things in the village are not as they were when you departed....

Hope to see you at my table!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 pm 

I'm trying to sign up for the Saturday slot, but it keeps spitting out a message, "[…] does not have a paid membership that allows enrollment in Zoanthropic Benediction at Nuke-Con 2018." It's been a number of days since I bought a badge; I wonder what gives.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:13 pm 

I received the same message when I attempted to sign up for your event. Just shoot an email over to

reg@nuke-con.com and main@nuke-con.com

explaining what's happening and they'll fix if for you pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:20 pm 

For those who sign up and play in my Castles & Crusades in Hârn adventure, Zoanthropic Benediction, I will have some swag to pass out at the conclusion of the session.

C&C... in Hârn... and free stuff at the end... what's not to love! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:47 am 

Just wanted to give a shout out of appreciation to Nuke Con for the opportunity to run my Castles & Crusades in Hârn adventure, Zoanthropic Benediction. I also wish to thank the players who grabbed seats at my tables and rolled the bones with me for a few hours. Good times!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:49 pm 

It looked like you guys were really having a blast. I would have joined you except for my own events, plus, after my first event Friday, I decided to cut my losses and get some more sleep (two hours does not a power nap make ;) ).

Dale

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:34 pm 

I may run some C&C at Nuke-Con 2019. If I do, pull up a chair and roll the bones! If you're interested in trying C&C, I usually run a couple of demos each year at a game store. Next time I do, I'll post something about it here as an FYI.

You were running Pendragon, right? I played that once at Origins back around 2010-11 and had a good time. Wouldn't mind trying it again if the event schedules line up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:16 am 

Good to know! I have the core books for C&C, but haven't got a chance to play or run it. They may be for an older edition/printing (green covers), though, so there might be some differences from what you have.