2022-08-08 Update: The Nuke-Con staff will provide an update to this policy on September 2nd, 2022.
The presence of the covid-19 virus in our community makes conducting a public event especially difficult. Nuke-Con recognizes the need to gather in person and enjoy our convention. We also recognize the need to keep all our people safe. In order to balance those needs, we have decided to follow the recommendations of national, state, and local agencies.
- Nuke-Con requires appropriate masks, correctly worn, for all convention attendees aged 6 years and up. Non-compliance will result in you being asked to leave with no refund of badge price.
- Masks must cover the nose and mouth and fit snugly at the sides without gaps.
- Masks can be either manufactured or homemade and should be a solid piece of material without slits, exhalation valves, or punctures.
- Neck gaiters are acceptable if they follow the above guidelines
- Bandanas are not acceptable
- Face shields and/or goggles are not acceptable on their own but can be worn with a mask that follows the above guidelines
- Masks may be slipped off for short periods of time while actively eating and drinking.
- Nuke-Con will have a limited supply of disposable masks available.
- Vaccinations are highly recommended for all those eligible to get them.
- Frequent hand washing/use of hand sanitizer is highly recommended.
- We will station hand sanitizer pumps on tables throughout the convention area.
- There will also be small, personal bottles of hand sanitizers at selected locations.
- There will be sanitizer stationed at the Prize Vault material. Gamers should sanitize their hands before handling any prize vault material.
- Tables will be cleaned at least once a day.
- Volunteers will clean empty tables periodically throughout the day.
- We encourage GMs and gamers to clean their own tables after use.
- Cleaning supplies will be located near the hand sanitizer pumps.
- Nuke-Con’s Discord channel will be available for virtual gaming. See our Virtual Online FAQ for additional information.
- If you are not able to attend the 2021 convention, you may request that your badge be rolled over to the 2022 convention, or you may request a refund of your badge price.
Following are links to some of the information we used to develop these policies:
- Centers for Disease Control
- Council Bluffs (Jennie Edmundson hospital occupancy)